Monday, October 30, 2006

 

Trying to Keep Up is not as easy as it use to be

In honor of Halloween I think I will write in orange today. Imagine that ,I can write in any color I choose with the click of a button! My how things have changed, and not just in the world as a whole but in my very own little world.

I would have never imagined being able to use computers the way so many use them now. Not to mention how small and affordable they have become now.

Well I have made the leap to high speed internet and have finally arrived at the point where I can actually work about 10% of the features. These new steps in technology should come equiped with at 12 year old to help you work it.

I know my daughters will be happy on their next visit home, at least I shouldn't hear, "Your computer is so slow!" With a moan added for effect.

If I live long enough I figure I will indeed be able to master this new technology. My students laugh at me when I tell them to simplify any fancy stuff they are going to send me over the internet. Make sure that it is simple enough that even I can open it or print it. I also tell them if they do email a paper or an assignment to me that I will grade it and hand it back in class the next week. I have no knowledge of scanning or such things at this time.

This new adventure will be alright as long as I take it slow and find a really patient 12 year old to teach me.

Comments:
Why's it gotta be a 12 year old? Are you discriminating against my generation? That's it. I'm movin' ta Sparta!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?