Monday, August 21, 2006

 

Scouting for Furniture

The family room furniture has developed enough frays, small holes, and finally a completely broken reclining joint, to warrant new replacement pieces. The volume of choices out there is overwhelming. My better half will commit to only an hour of this torture, so it falls to me to narrow down the choices. That is no small task! Couches for example come in a multitude of shapes, styles, sizes, not to mention textures, heights, thicknesses, materials, colors, usage issues. Do you want a hide a bed, a recliner, three cushion, two cushion blah blah blah. It's a couch for goodness sakes. What happened to three choices and delivery tomorrow? Then there are matching chairs, or accent chairs, arms or no arms, wood or no wood, rocker, recliner, swivel or stationary. Blah Blah Blah

Needless to say I was overwhelmed and confused at times. Then I saw the light. I simply walked in the furniture store, told them what I wanted and asked them to show me three examples. Picked one...Went home, got my better half, took him in and had him sit on all three and picked one. Chose the colors right then....Out in 50 minutes with delivery on Thursday.
Mission accomplished and all is well. Our family room will soon be functional again! Hopefully this will event will not have to take place again for at least another 10 years.

Comments:
The easiest route is just to lay on them all and see which one fits the best. I've been happy with my choice! =) You can always call the fab 5 for advice on all your decorating needs.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?